1.21.2008

Architecture Influences Fashion Designer













I picked up this new book today. YEOHLEE:WORK MATERIAL ARCHITECTURE. I was so inspired. Yeohlee studied fashion design at Parson's School of Design much of her designs have been influenced by architecture. "Yeohlee's Spring 2008 collection was inspired by the mission architecture of the American Southwest, primarily the churches of New Mexico. The starkness of their blocky white-washed adobe shapes, against the mutable changing light of the brilliant desert sky, informed her choice of colors, fabrics, and many variations of the simplest of geometric forms-the square box." Check out her website it absoutley incredible www.yeohlee.com

4 comments:

Jill said...

wow liz that is really interesting. i love the idea of the white-washed adobe influencing fashion. way to be inspired!

also i just noticed you have axel vervoodt on your inspirations, i got his book for christmas and it is so beautiful. i should do a post on that too.

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben & Liz said...

That's a wonderful book! I'm in the process of reading it. I have it sitting on my coffee table right now. The images are absoutley beautiful. I admire his work very much.

Anonymous said...

I will have to try and find the Yeohlee book, it looks amazing.